My Little Pocketbooks: Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Hour 9 - 12   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Hour 9 - 12

 
This the half way point!  And we are doing it!!
1:00 pm
Hour 9
Mini Challenge host
#BookTube Challenge from Estella’s Revenge

The Task: Use your smartphone or tablet to take a video, especially if you're using Instagram or Vine. You simply need to hold the record button, smile, and talk! Once you've recorded your video, upload to Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube and share your link below.

 Here is my quick video.



Don't ask me what happened.  There is a jump cut /edit thing and I am not in the mood to fix it.  Oh well.  It's just going to live on the World Wide Web forever.  hahhahha!
I did this one after having lunch at the Coffee Company with The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.
  2:00 pm
Hour10
Mini Challenge Book Trailer from Jehara 
Link up your favorite book trailer.  I decided to show the book trailer of the book I am reading right now.  So you be apart of my reading journey today.



Back home with a cup of coffee and food/snacks for tonight.  Today the weather is so perfect and sunny.  I love it! 
3:00 pm
Hour 11
Mini challenge hosted by Self Portrait from The Estella Society
Take a picture of yourself.

The sunglasses are on my head because I was reading outside.  I just forgot to take them off.  I have not been doing much reading because I am trying to get caught up on all these challenges.  Back to the books ya'll
4:00 pm
Hour12

Mid-Event Survey

1) How are you doing? So far I am doing good.  I was moving slow but I am now on it!  For sure.  Sleepy? Nope.  I went to Starbucks and kick sleepy in the butt.  *wham*  Are your eyes tired?  Nope!
2) What have you finished reading? I finished reading The Good House by Tananarive Due.
3) What is your favorite read so far?  I really liked that book.  Just on the first 50 pages of The Wolf Gift.  To soon to tell.
4) What about your favorite snacks?  Starbucks Venti Caramel Macchiato! (Is that how you spell it)
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!  New blogs...ummm..  not yet.  I will venture out later.  Promise.  I just want to half 50% of this book done first.

Thoughts so far: 
I am now getting into my grove.  It had to do with the trip to Starbucks and the Venti I ordered.  I should have done that at 4:30am instead.  I would be much further along.  I am loving this book I am reading right now.  The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.  I hope to finish it before 5am tomorrow morning.  I am only on page 50 right now with 353 to go.  I am a slow reader!  ARGH!  I need to take another speed reading class.  That last one (years ago) did not stick at all.
Anywhoo!  Back to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment